donderdag 14 april 2011

Supro Dual-Tone neck refret

So I got to work on the Supro. First up: the neck & frets.
Like I said, there was a crack on the bass-side of the fretboard. All the way through from the nut to the heel. So I got my 12" radiusblock out and leveled the fretboard again. Saved the wooddust and mixed it with some superglue. Used that stuff to fill up the crack, really glad it worked out that well.
Next, I widened the fretslots so the new frets would stay in place properly.
After that I pressed the frets in with a little bit of glue and the 12" radiusblock.

 Neck with the new 12" radius and no frets...

 Taking care of the frets (Note the Leatherman: it's my favorite tool!)
Masked the fretboard to level the frets and give em a nice crown again...

To be continued...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten