dinsdag 30 augustus 2011

'58 Supro Belmont

I started a little contest between a professional luthier and me this weekend. This guy helped me out a lot with the Dual-Tone and drew up a plan of that guitar. He said he'd like to build himself one like it someday. Turns out there's going to be a guitarbuilders meeting in 2 months...
So we set up this build-off plan.

Here's what I did so far:
Made the templates and glued a 2 piece Yellow Pine body.



 Roughly cut out the body, neck and fretboard...


Routed out the neck and shaped the headstocktransition


 Routed out the body and beveled the edges.
Did the back with a router, the front by hand.




Still figuring out how I'm going to do the neckpocket...
Think I'm going for a modern version of the old Supro's.


 Last but not least:
A mock-up!

To be continued...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten